Friday, December 7, 2007

A rest day

After our summit attempt yesterday, today was a welcome rest day. We left a very nice hotel, Hosteria La Cienega, this morning, dropped off a couple of our team mates who are leaving tomorrow and headed towards Cayambe.

We are currently at the oldest hacienda in Ecuador, the Hacienda Guachala and are just hanging out playing pool and ping pong. Kurtiss and I are going to battle at ping pong for our international ping pong title. (The punk has our international foosball championship won in London.)

So that's about it. We head off to Cayambe in the morning, an early sleep, and plan to awake around midnight (Saturday night) to push for the summit of Cayambe (18,997ft). I still have my bronchitis and it got significantly worse after our Cotopaxi summit attempt, but I am going to give it a go. If I am not on top of my game though, I am not going. I cannot even begin to describe how uncomfortable it is at 18,500ft.

Also, here is what our lead guide has to say regarding our trip. Enjoy.

G(in Ecuador)W

No comments: